Cleaning supplies will be provided for individuals by their college or unit to complete the following protocols.
Please visit FOD COVID-19 Response for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Office and Classroom Cleaning
- Facilities crews are responsible for cleaning high touchpoints daily for academic and administrative space
- Staff will continue to be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their own workstations. Employees will empty their own office desk-side trash and recycling bins into centrally located containers in order to limit foot traffic. If your office requires professional cleaning, please contact Service2Facilities by calling 614-292-4357
- Classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected nightly.
- Faculty and students should wipe down their personal area (e.g. seat, desk or podium, keyboard, mouse) on their arrival in the classroom before use. Individuals may use the wipes that are part of the university’s welcome kit, and the university will also be distributing cleaning supplies in classroom buildings.
- Research Labs
- Lab benches and sinks will remain the responsibility of the lab employees. Shared spaces and high-touch surfaces will require more frequent disinfection and cleaning. Individuals should clean and disinfect shared workspaces before and after use. Visit the Office of Research for more information
- Shared Spaces (bathrooms, lobbies, lunch and mail rooms)
- At least twice a day during spring semester, the university is cleaning bathrooms and disinfecting high touch-point areas including door handles, faucets, handrails and other commonly touched surfaces in high-traffic areas.
- Building occupants utilizing break rooms or kitchens should wipe down surfaces after each use, including handles and buttons on water coolers, microwaves and refrigerators.
- Furniture in classrooms and common areas has been marked, arranged or removed to support safety practices, including physical distancing.
- Shared Equipment
- Remind faculty and staff to wipe down shared equipment such as printers, copiers, fax machines, phones, or other shared office equipment and supplies follow use.
- Appropriate physical distancing should be followed if multiple individuals are using shared equipment at the same time.
- Conference Rooms
- Virtual meetings are a preferred alternative. If in-person meetings must be held, users are responsible for wiping down conference room high touch surfaces after each use.